Nell’s Top Five
…Things I Don’t Understand
Here are five things I don’t really understand. They are not things I hate or detest…I just don’t get it.
Tell me about something that you don’t understand in the comments! 🙂
- Calendars starting with Sunday. Monday is the first day of the week, not Sunday. Why would you want your calendar to start with Sunday? That’s weird!
- Why do people go to the movies when they’re on a date? I understand doing it once you’re already in a relationship and know each other. But before you’re a couple? That’s just weird. The purpose of a date is getting to know each other better, and you can hardly do that the 2-3 hours you spend in a movie theater, since you’re not supposed to talk.
- Raisins. Or dried fruit in general, to be honest. I realize that back in the olden days when we couldn’t import/export fresh fruit, we had to preserve fruits to even get any vitamins in winter. But they’ve outlived their usefulness and they’re just weird. And not tasty.
- People live-tweeting to TV shows. If your followers don’t watch the show/movie along with you, reading it after is just plain weird. And even if I watch the same show, I watch it. Not scroll through my twitter feed. I don’t get it.
- Gossip. Don’t get me wrong, I read gossip too, and after I feel a little dirty. But why are we (humans) so obsessed with gossip? Why do we feel the need to know intimate details of our friends, neighbors, or celebrities we really have no business knowing?