Nell’s Top Five
…Things To Do To De-Stress
Because these last weeks have been really stressful for me, and because I’m very sensitive to stress because of stuff that’s happened to me in the past, I’ve made a long list of things that help me de-stress. I list five of them in this blog post.
Do you have any special tricks for when you’re too stressed? Tell me in the comments! 🙂
- Having a cup of tea. Nothing beats fixing your favorite tea in your favorite cup and sitting down in a nice comfy place to drink it.
- Disconnecting from Social Media. SM has a way of stressing me out, so if I’m already under a lot of pressure, I really need to put away my phone, turn off my computer, and pretend Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram don’t exist.
- Eating comfort food. For me, that’s a bowl of perfect Japanese ramen. It’s like eating a warm, loving hug.
- Doing a slow, really mindful yoga practice. Even just sitting down on my mat and breathing is helpful. It’s as though my body recognizes that this is a space for relaxation and focusing on myself. Tuesday this week was my one-year yoga anniversary. How did I live so long without it?
- Doing something book-related. Like visiting a book store, re-reading a favorite, reading a couple poems, or buying books online. Whatever it is, as long as it’s book related, it helps lower my stress levels.
Poem by Rupi Kaur