Last week was hellish. I was so busy, I hardly had time to sleep. Don’t get me wrong, I did a lot of fun stuff, but my days were filled from morning to late night.
But first some awesome news: y’all remember the Christmas story I wrote back in March/April? Red Popcorn Strings and Gumball Rings? I submitted it to Dreamspinner Press and their Advent Calendar submission call…and I GOT ACCEPTED!
YAY!! *doing the happy dance*
RPSAGR is about two young men who’ve loved each other for a long time, ugly Christmas Trees, and how to make Christmas merry despite not having much. Here’s some inspirational pictures:
The boys that inspired me (though Ellis is younger than the lovely man in the picture), the gumball rings, a sad looking Christmas tree, and popcorn dyed red.
So, why was I so busy last week, you might wonder? Well, here’s what I did:
- Two rounds of edits and one proof for Cinnamon Eyes
- Filled out a gazillion forms about my story for Dreamspinner Press. Okay, it was only two, but it felt like a gazillion and they were time consuming
- Critiqued the writing of two writer friends
- Planned a really fun project with three writer friends. You’ll get more information about it later, but needless to say, I’m excited
- Tried to keep up with my NaNo word count. I’m sad to say that I had to lower my goal from 20K to 15K or I would have been screwed, but on Friday night I reached my goal. Yay!
Phew. I think I’m going to spend this week flat on my back on the couch.
And finally: when you get this reaction from your editor, you’ve done something right. Right? 😀