What are your top three pet peeves?
Bookish or real-life? Let’s have some fun and do both? 🙂
Bookish pet peeves:
- The Big Misunderstanding: I’m soooo tired of the misunderstanding-trope. Seriously, literary imaginary people: don’t be convinced you know exactly what a conversation was all about after only listening to half of it. Don’t listen behind the door, draw your own stupid conclusions, and hightail your way out of there before making sure you understood correctly. And dear authors: don’t write the misunderstanding. There are already a million books about the misunderstanding out there, it’s been done to death. Use your fabulous creativity and come up with something new. Pretty please with sugar on top? 🙂
- Cliffhangers: I despise cliffhangers. I used to watch the show Alias back in the day and in the first seasons every single episode ended in a cliffhanger that was resolved in the first five minutes or so of the next episode. It drove me crazy!! I know this is my issue: I hate unanswered questions (I spend so much time on Google, you wouldn’t believe it!) and what is a cliffhanger if not an unanswered question? Cliffhangers are the only reason I read book 2 and 3 in the 50 Shades of Grey-trilogy, because books 1 and 2 ended in a cliffhanger. But as much as I hated the books, I couldn’t stand not knowing what happened. Stupid really, I should have just gone to Goodreads and read a spoiler filled review. I’ll do that next time! 🙂
- The Book Snob: “Oh, so you read romance? Don’t you read any real books?” Grrrrrrrrr.
Bonus pet peeve: Movie poster on the cover. Whyyyy? The original cover was perfectly fine!
Real-life pet peeves:
- Watching videos on your phone in public: use your freaking headphones, people, IT’S NOT THAT HARD!!
- People being late: it happens to everyone once in a while, even me, I get that. But people who are constantly late drive me crazy! Being late to an appointment or not meeting a deadline is very disrespectful to the other person/s involved. They have their own deadlines and being late fucks up their schedule. So be on time, people, IT’S NOT THAT HARD!!
- People on a special diet judging other people’s food choices: and I’m not talking about diets with a medical reason (I’m lactose intolerant, I know all about those kind of diets). I’m talking about vegetarians/vegans judging me for loving bacon. I’m talking about the person on a low-sodium diet glaring at me when I put salt on my french fries, or the person on a low-carb diet lecturing me for eating pasta with garlic bread on the side. I don’t care about other people’s eating habits. So you’re a vegan, good for you, I respect your choice. Respect my choice, people, even when I’m eating somthing you don’t, IT’S NOT THAT HARD!!
Bonus pet peeve: Drivers who don’t use a turn signal. Grrrrr!
Those are my pet peeves. What are yours? 🙂